To have a roundup of TechCrunch’s biggest and hottest stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3 PM PT, Subscribe here.
Welcome! It is Thursday! We’re all eagerly awaiting the latest release of “Will Elon Actually Buy Twitter or Will He Squirrel Out of It” – the miniseries of indeterminate length and countless twists and turns. Presumably we’ll learn more tomorrow, but who knows. Also what time is it? And if we leave Twitter in droves, where are we going to discuss all this drama?
Top Tech Crunch 3
- Ixnay on self-driving: Daryl she has It was With all the speculation and calling it: “Autonomous vehicles won’t really happen. Evidence for this has been mounting for years, if not decades, but now it tends to balance out where it is hard to ignore for a reasonable observer — even someone like me was once very optimistic about the prospects for driving.” subjectivity,” he writes. Daryl, we love you, and we hope you’re wrong more than ever.
- Close the barn after the horse withdraws: We also have the latest news on Elon Musk after his popular Twitter video: Amanda He states in his open letter to Twitter advertisers that people are completely wrong about why he bought the social media giant, but also that Twitter cannot become “a free site for everyone.” Rebecca He writes that Musk says now 75% of Twitter employees will not be fired.
- Avoid seller tax: jagmet He writes that sellers on Amazon must meet certain requirements to sell on the platform, but a startup called Mason is working to change that. The India and California startup has secured $7.5 million in new funding, led by Accel and Ideaspring Capital, to offer an Amazon-like selling experience but without an “Amazon tax” requirement.
Startups and VC
There is a lot of new money happening all at once, it seems. Christine reports that Streamlined Ventures, led by Ulas Naik, received $140 million in new capital commitments to its two newest funds. pilgrim reports that Human Impact Capital is a new $50 million fund Investing in social impact startups, and mike He notes that Paris-based VC Satgana has completed its first shutdown €30 million fund to support climate technology startups.
In the meantime, there were a host of massive rounds that led to the disgrace of the actual investment funds; It’s a strange world where you can’t read headline numbers to know if a company is collecting a round or closing a new fund. We collect a handful of them below.
5 tips for getting started in a crowded web3 game market
Every online product requires some network influence, but games are unique: without big, loyal and enthusiastic customers, there is no way to create monetized products.
Play-to-earn (P2E) games are particularly susceptible to this problem, which is why “building a game that succeeds in the long run means developing monetization strategies that can weather the market tides,” says Cory Welton, co-founder and CEO of Mirai Labs, the game studio behind Pegaxy.
In this primer for P2E founders, Wilton shares suggestions for how to engage with investors, explains why tokens are not a reliable way to raise money, and discusses “the shift to monetizing Web 2.0.”
Three more from the TC+ team:
Big Tech Inc.
The New York Post had to do some deletions today after it was discovered that someone hacked both The newspaper’s website and Twitter accountAnd the zach reports. The headlines of the article in question were racist and sexually violent in nature, and the newspaper told TechCrunch that an employee was responsible for the incident, but did not go into further detail on how that conclusion was reached.
Also, our team took care of profits so you don’t have to. Rebecca take a look at Ford’s third-quarter earningswhich said it took a $2.7 billion hit related to Argo AI, which we reported yesterday was It is closed. Meanwhile, in Meta, Amanda write it Meta saw another drop in third-quarter revenue.
And now we have three more for you:
- Google search: Google Cloud has entered the web 3 The area that has the managed blockchain node service by bearing the heavy lifting is there so the developers can do their work, rune reports. while, Manly… masculine He has details of Acquisition of $100 million The search engine giant made at Alter, an artificial intelligence startup.
- On the acquisition roll: rune Also reported another acquisition of Thoma Bravo. This time, she and Sunstone Partners announced The proposed acquisition of UserTesting for $1.3 billion. The company plans to merge with its own company UserZoom, another company acquired by Thoma Bravo in 2021.
- Get your health advice here: YouTube says it will start accrediting channels For licensed health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or therapists, who produce health-related content, Evan Writes.